Home Up Products Saving Energy Glossary Contents About / Contact

Iodine

The addition of iodine to treat drinking water is an old solution but a relatively new approach to home and cottage water disinfection.  Iodine is very effective on a wide variety of bacteria. and does not affect the water taste any more than chlorine. 

Iodine is less reactive than chlorine and has less tendency to form halogenated organics.  Physiological effects of prolonged use of iodine, especially on children, are unknown. 

Newly developed systems using a resin-sequestered iodine system allows the iodine to remain attached to the resin particles until bacteria passes over the iodine. As water passes through the resin, it releases iodine ions to the bacteria which kills them.  Iodine treatment using a resin-sequestered iodine system does not move beyond the filter system and does not alter the taste of the disinfected water.

Resin sequestered iodine  is effective on a wide variety of bacteria and does not affect the water taste unlike direct treatment of water with iodine. Iodine is less reactive than chlorine and has less tendency to form halogenated organics.

Home Up Products Saving Energy Glossary Contents About / Contact

 

Contact Us: Telephone:  toll free at 1-888-810-4709 Parry Sound,Northern Ontario,Muskoka and Georgian Bay
Send mail  Linda  with questions or comments about our product or web site.

Ontario,Canada Copyright 2017, STRATEnerGY Inc.    All Rights Reserved Caribbean and US
Last modified: November 13, 2018